Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Care

Word of the Day: Care
Care for; care about; care of; etc.

Before I contemplate asking the gods for favors, I need to show that I can care for the blessings I've received. Like a child who asks for a new toy, but whose old toys lie busted and broken in a corner of the room, how can anyone expect the gods to bless you further if you haven't shown that you can care for the blessings you've already received?

The Secret says I can have anything I want, all I need to employ is the Law of Attraction. But how can I ask for anything without showing gratitude for what I've already received? I ask for better health - have I shown care for the health I have received? I ask for Love - have I cherished and nurtured the Love that I've been shown already? I ask for wealth - have I managed my money well, or have I shown it disdain, spent it on crap that I really don't need or want?

The gods have no patience for those who treat their gifts frivolously. Before we ask for more, show the powers-that-be that we honor their efforts. The gods have no time for ingrates.

No comments: